1. Finalist, Natural World category. A coastal brown bear hunts for salmon on Silver Salmon Creek in Lake Clark National Park and Preserve. Photographed by Daniel D'Auria of Tabernacle, New Jersey.
2. A wall cloud near Omaha, Nebraska. "This cell grew exponentially over the next 16 minutes, split twice and spawned three EF4 tornadoes with $67.4 million in damage to residences and crops." Photographed by Kenneth DiLuigi of Sewell, New Jersey.
3. Finalist, Americana category. Dust swirls around citizens of Black Rock City as they peek into the "Black Rock Bijou Theatre," an art installation at the 2013 Burning Man festival. Photographed by Mark Kaplan of Carrollton, Texas.
4. A champion bronco bucks a champion rider at the Helmville Rodeo in Montana. Photographed by Carol Lynne Fowler of Seeley Lake, Montana.
5. Finalist, Altered Images category. Photographer Michael Frank says what strikes him most about this image of the abandoned Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church in Detroit, Michigan, is, "the sense of stillness. A stillness marked by anticipation, not unlike the stillness felt in a theater between acts."
6. Snails in Argentina, photographed by Jose De Rocco of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
7. Finalist, People category. A group of locals playing billiards by Namtso Lake, Tibet. Photographed by Vincent Cheng of Burnaby, Canada.
8. Finalist, Travel category. Hiking break at Devil's Wall, Harz Mountains, Germany. "Devil's Wall and the Harz region had always been an inspirational source for German poets and artists like Brothers Grimm or Caspar David Friedrich. My aim was to elaborate this natural topic with the medium of contemporary photography combined with that kind of certain romantic imagery of times past." Photographed by David Koester of Halle, Germany.
9. Feeding time on Hettie Belle Farm in Warwick, Massachusetts. Photographed by Abigail Friel of Northampton, Massachusetts.
10. While taking this image in rural Vietnam, the wind was so strong it knocked the photographer over. Photographed by Nguyen Bao Son from Vietnam.
11. A red-eyed tree frog underwater near El Arenal, Costa Rica. Photographed by Nicolas Reusens of Madrid, Spain.
12. Overlooking the Colorado River's Marble Canyon. Photographed by Matthew Zheng of San Francisco, California.
13. This is at the "Lienzo El Dorado," a local Charreria tournament in Tepic, Mexico. "The Charreria is a way of life, not just a sport and the Charros practice all their life in order to be one of the best in the whole nation." Photograph by Cesar Rodriguez of Tepic, Mexico.
14. Sunrise at Mormon Row, Grand Teton National Park. "The barn in the photo is the John Moulton Barn, built by Mormon settlers who arrived in the area in the 1890s. Behind the barn is the Teton mountain range." Photographed by Michael Faist of Hilliard, Ohio.
15. After having finished off a springbok, these two cheetah cubs were chasing each other, each wanting to hold on to the 'prize,' a piece of skin left over from a kill. Knowing the cubs would follow their mother, Brugger moved his car and was shocked that, "the cubs not only walked straight towards my vehicle, but decided that they would chase each while playing with a piece of Springbok skin." Photographed in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, South Africa, by Seyms Brugger of Johannesburg, South Africa.
16. Finalist in the Mobile category. "The scene is of the clouds rolling in, and a sailboat that was anchored, and preparing for the storm. Within minutes from the photograph being taken, it was raining so hard that you could not see anything. Photographed in St. on Catherine's Island, Georgia, with an iPhone 4 by Darlene Jensen of Richmond Hill, Georgia.