1. A sloth peeks out from behind a door on a floating house in the 'Lago do Janauari' near Manaus, Brazil, on May 20, 2014. Manaus is one of the host cities for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
2. Smoke rises from the Slide Fire as it burns up Oak Creek Canyon in Sedona, Arizona, on May 22, 2014. The fire has burned approximately 4,800 acres.
3. A woman leads her painted buffalo onto a stage during a buffalo bodypainting competition in Jiangcheng county, Yunnan province, China, on May 18, 2014. Artists from eight countries painted on buffaloes to compete for a 100,000 yuan ($16,042) prize reward during the competition on Sunday, according to local media.
4. Ultra-Orthodox Jews stand next to bonfires during Lag Ba'Omer celebrations to commemorate the end of a plague said to have decimated Jews in Roman times, in Bnei Brak, Israel, on May 17, 2014.
5. A Slovenian army helicopter team rescues a small baby by winching the baby carrier into the helicopter over the village of Tisina, near Bosanski Samac, northern Bosnia-Herzegovina, on May 17, 2014. The rest of the baby's family was evacuated later on, the rescue team said. Hundreds of thousands of people were forced from their homes in Bosnia and Serbia following the worst flooding since record began 120 years ago.
6. Maori Party MP, Rangi McLean, poses during a portrait shoot at the Manurewa Marae in Auckland, New Zealand, on May 21, 2014. The Maori Party selected McLean to replace Pita Sharples as its Tamaki Makaurau candidate in the 2014 election.
7. A huge paper doll of a historical Japanese figure named Ko-shishi looms among paper lanterns on a cart during the Mikuini Festival in Sakai, Japan, on May 20, 2014. During the festival people dressed in traditional Japanese costumes pull carts carrying 6 meter high dolls of Japanese historical figures through the narrow streets. The origins of the festival are unclear but its history can be traced back more than 250 years.
8. People play on a huge pile of hailstones in the Aclimacao neighborhood of Sao Paulo, Brazil, on May 19, 2014. Neighborhoods on the south side of Sao Paulo woke up to their streets blanketed in white after the unusual hailstorm. Some told local news media that their children had never seen hail or played with ice.
9. A Ukrainian coal miner waits for a bus after finishing his shift at a coal mine outside Donetsk, Ukraine, on May 20, 2014.
10. Lindsay Vandermay, right, and Ashley Wilson kiss after saying their vows during their same-sex wedding conducted in Philadelphia, atop the Philadelphia Museum of Art steps just after midnight on Friday, May 23, 2014. U.S. District Judge John E. Jones III sent the state's same-sex marriage ban to "the ash heap of history" on Tuesday, making Pennsylvania the 19th state to legalize gay marriage. Couples who got licenses that day were eligible to marry on Friday under the state's three-day waiting period.
11. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales tries on "Google Glass" spectacles as he visits Innovation Alley in Winnipeg, Canada, on May 21, 2014. The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are on a four day visit to Canada.
12. A dwarf walks between mushroom-shaped houses after a performance at Kunming World Butterflies Garden, Yunnan province, China, on May 21, 2014. The "Kingdom of The Dwarves" opened in the summer of 2009 with over 100 people suffering from dwarfism from all over China, forming a unique community. The only criteria for a job in the "Kingdom Of The Dwarves" is to be shorter than 130cm. Discrimination in their home town and a lack of job opportunities are some of the reasons that drive the dwarfs to find a job in the park which runs two shows a day.
13. A riot policeman uses a baton to strike a protesting University of Nairobi student in Kenya's capital of Nairobi on May 20, 2014. Public university students started their protests against a planned fee hike and the lowering of a maximum loan award, with police engaging the students in running battles at the main campus, local media reported.
14. A boy cools himself in a fountain just outside the Kremlin in Moscow on May 21, 2014. The temperatures in the Russian capital reached today 28 C (82 F).
15. Moleque Travesso soccer club's goalkeeper Alexandre Toledo, 36, prepares to block a shot during an amateur match against the Jardim Regina Pirituba club at Pirituba soccer field in Sao Paulo on March 29, 2014. Toledo used to be a professional soccer player, but in 1996 he injured his left leg in a motorcycle accident and the following year the limb was amputated. Despite this injury, Toledo began playing soccer again with friends, and now he is the goalkeeper for Moleque Travesso. With Brazil about to host the World Cup, and soccer fever taking over the country, Toledo continues to play and thrill fans with his ability 18 years after his accident.
16. SpaceX's Dragon spacecraft splashes down after it successfully completed the CRS 3 mission for NASA to the International Space Station, landing safely in the Pacific Ocean with 3,500 pounds of ISS cargo on May 18, 2014.
17. A small monkey sits atop the head of a woman in the Tatuyo indigenous community near Manaus, Brazil on May 19, 2014.
18. A pro-Russian fighter takes a photo on his cell phone of a burning cafe after a mortar attack, during fighting between Ukrainian government troops and pro-Russian militants at a checkpoint near the major highway which links Kharkiv, outside Slovyansk, Ukraine, on May 22, 2014. Three days before Ukraine's presidential vote, pro-Russian insurgents attacked a military checkpoint in eastern Ukraine, killing at least 11 troops and wounding 30 others in the deadliest raid yet in weeks of fighting.
19. A police officer grabs a man who tried to jump off the seventh floor of a hotel in Chengdu, Sichuan province, China, on May 19, 2014. The 32-year-old man attempted to commit suicide after a failed relationship. Police and his ex-girlfriend managed to talk him down 3 hours later, local media reported.
20. A long exposure shows lightning in the sky with reflection in the water on the floor of a building under construction during an evening thunderstorm on May 19, 2014 in the Haitian capital of Port-au-Prince.
21. A dog named Denise jumps through the water, chasing a ball in a lake in Duisburg, Germany, on May 20, 2014.
22. Marlene lies over the original fossilized femur of a dinosaur on exhibition at the Egidio Feruglio Museum in the Argentina's Patagonian city of Trelew, on May 18, 2014. According to palaeontologists Jose Luis Carballido and Ruben Cuneo, the fossils are that of a sauropod and preliminary tests date the fossils at some 90 million years old. The scientists said the dinosaur could be 130 feet long and 65 feet tall, and weigh 85 tons, and it is a previously undiscovered species of titanosaur.
23. Volunteer Shannon Day of Boston helps to inspect some of the 37,000 flags on the Boston Common on May 22, 2014, in memory of every fallen service member from the Revolutionary War to the present. The flags will be on display throughout Memorial Day weekend.
24. Biologist Rodrigo Cerqueira holds an armadillo, named Ana Botafogo in honor of the Brazilian dancer, at the Rio Zoo in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on May 21, 2014. The three-banded armadillo is in danger of extinction, largely because of deforestation and hunting in its habitat in the shrub lands of northeastern Brazil. Those risks in large part are why the armadillo was chosen as the World Cup mascot. Another is that when it's frightened, it rolls up into a ball small enough to fit into one hand, looking like a tan soccer ball.
25. A boy gestures in front of a barricade on fire during a protest after French troops opened fire at protesters blocking a road in Bambari, Central African Republic, on May 22, 2014.
26. A man dressed as an orangutan sits next to members of the press during media day at the Chelsea Flower Show in London on May 19, 2014.
27. The body of a pro-Ukraine fighter lies in the grass at the scene of an early morning firefight between the pro-Ukrainian Donbass Battalion and the pro-Russian Vostok Battalion militias on May 23, 2014 in Karlivka, Ukraine. At least eight people between the two sides, including one civilian, were killed.
28. Bosnian workers inspect the damage to heavy machinery after devastating flooding at a coal mine in the village of Sikulje near the Bosnian town of Lukavac 140 km north of Sarajevo, on May 22, 2014.
29. Students of the Krasnoyarsk choreographic college stretch backstage before a dress rehearsal of a performance by graduates of the college at the State Theatre of Opera and Ballet in Krasnoyarsk, Russia, on May 20, 2014. The annual performance showcases the work of students from across Russia who study or have studied at the well-known school.
30. Mohammed Chiari, commander of a vigilante group of traditional hunters, poses for a picture at the hunters' camp in Maiduguri, Nigeria, on May 21, 2014. About 100 traditional hunters from villages in Borno state have gathered in a camp in Maiduguri and volunteered to hunt for Boko Haram. The local government provides them with two meals per day, they say.
31. Actress Jessica Chastain poses for photographers as she arrives for the screening of Foxcatcher at the 67th international film festival, in Cannes, southern France, on May 19, 2014.
32. Passersby have their photograph taken with a Thai soldier guarding a pedestrian overfly near the site where pro-government demonstrators staged a rally on the outskirts of Bangkok, Thailand, on May 20, 2014.
33. Workers from Haiti's Ministry of Public Health and Population spray chemicals to exterminate mosquitoes in a neighborhood of Petionville in Port-au-Prince on May 21, 2014. A worker said the procedure is to help prevent chikungunya, dengue, malaria and filariose.
34. A Montagu's Harrier carries a lizard at a meadow near Mallnow, Germany, on May 20, 2014. In western Europe, breeding pairs of the endangered species nest in agricultural farmlands, especially cereal crops.
35. A couple stands in a fountain, where people gathered to enjoy the warm weather in Mexico City, on May 20, 2014.