1. Georgie Oxley relaxes in a hammock at Worthy Farm in Pilton on the first day of the 2014 Glastonbury Festival on June 25, 2014 in Glastonbury, England. Gates opened at the Somerset dairy farm that plays host to one of the largest music festivals in the world. Tickets to the event, which is now in its 44th year, sold out in minutes even before any of the headline acts had been confirmed.
2. A rider rears up on his horse while surrounded by a cheering crowd during the traditional Fiesta of San Joan (Saint John) in downtown Ciutadella, on the Spanish Balearic Island of Menorca, on June 23, 2014. The riders of the horses are representatives of ancient Ciutadella society - nobility, clergy, craftsmen and farmers.
3. A U.S. soccer fan pretends that Uruguay's soccer striker Luis Suarez is biting him as he takes a selfie next to an Adidas advertisement featuring Suarez near Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro on June 26, 2014. FIFA banned Suarez from all football activities for four months on Thursday for biting an opponent at the World Cup, a punishment that rules him out of the rest of the tournament.
4. Castellers Colla Joves Xiquets de Valls start to form a human tower during the Sant Joan festival at Plaza del Blat square in Valls, south of Barcelona, on June 24, 2014.
5. A couple embraces during a party held on the night of the San Juan bonfire on the beach of Playa de Poniente in Gijon early June 24, 2014. Fires formed by burning unwanted furniture, old school books, wood and effigies of malign spirits are seen across Spain as people celebrate the night of San Juan, a purification ceremony coinciding with the summer solstice.
6. Britain's Queen Elizabeth looks at the Iron Throne as she meets members of the cast on the set of the television series "Game of Thrones" in the Titanic Quarter of Belfast, Northern Ireland, on June 24, 2014.
7. NASA's Curiosity Mars rover takes a self-portrait released on June 23, 2014. Curiosity used the camera at the end of its arm to take dozens of component images combined into this self-portrait where the rover drilled into a sandstone target called "Windjana." Curiosity will complete a Martian year, 687 Earth days, on June 24.
8. Switzerland's Ricardo Rodriguez falls into the goal net after making a save during their 2014 World Cup Group E soccer match against Honduras at the Amazonia arena in Manaus on June 25, 2014.
9. A woman shields her child from the wind while walking on sand dunes in Nouakchott, Mauritania, on June 22, 2014.
10. Lava flows out of the Piton de la Fournaise volcano, one of the world's most active volcanoes, located on the French island of La Reunion in the Indian Ocean on June 21, 2014.
11. People take photos of the Summer Solstice sunrise at Stonehenge on June 21, 2014 in Wiltshire, England. A sunny forecast brought thousands of revelers to the 5,000 year old stone circle in Wiltshire to see the sunrise on the Summer Solstice dawn.
12. Russian Navy officers, officials and workers attend a ceremony of launching the Rostov-on-Don Russian diesel-electric torpedo submarine at the Admiralteiskiye verfy shipyard in St. Petersburg, on June 26, 2014. Russia launched one of its new state-of-the-art submarines to be delivered to the Russian Black Sea fleet. The Rostov-on-Don belongs to the Varshavyanka-class (Kilo-class by NATO classification), which is characterized by advanced stealth technology, making it virtually undetectable when submerged, Russian media reported.
13. SweePee Rambo, a two-year-old Chihuahua Chinese Crested mix, is seen during the 2014 World's Ugliest Dog contest in Petaluma, California, on June 20, 2014.
14. Spectators look out from Center Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London on June 23, 2014.
15. Jackie Rozek spends a quiet moment with the remains of her long-time boyfriend, U.S. Army Pfc. Aaron Toppen in a chapel at Vandenberg Funeral Home on June 22, 2014 in Mokena, Illinois. Toppen, 19, was killed alongside four other American soldiers and an Afghan soldier in a friendly fire airstrike during a firefight earlier this month in Afghanistan.
16. A festival-goer stands amongst the tents at Worthy Farm in Somerset, on the second day of the Glastonbury music festival, June 26, 2014.
17. Workers carve into the body of a Baird's Beaked whale at Wada port in Minamiboso, southeast of Tokyo, on June 26, 2014. To mark the start of Japan's whaling season, workers in the coastal town of Minamiboso carved up one of the animals as a crowd of grade school students and residents watched, with free samples of its fried meat handed out later.
18. A surfer jumps off the pier into Port Phillip Bay to take advantage of the waves as a storm lashes the Melbourne area on June 24, 2014.
19. Bahraini anti-government protesters run as police fire tear gas to disperse a pro-democracy march after demonstrators began burning debris in the streets of the western town of Malkiya, Bahrain, on June 21, 2014. More than three years after Bahrain's latest uprising began, protests, marches and clashes with police remain almost nightly events in opposition towns throughout the Gulf island kingdom.
20. A man dressed in moss walks towards the beginning of the Moss Men procession as a part of the Corpus Christi procession in the small village of Bejar, Spain, on June 22, 2014. Following the legend of the Moss Men, in the XII Century Christians covered their clothes and weapons with moss as a camouflage to get inside a Muslim Fortress. The tradition of the Moss Men has survived until the present day and is commemorated every year in the procession of the corpus Christi festivity, and according to documentary evidence it has been celebrated in Bejar since 1397.
21. An Iraqi child waits with her family to get into a temporary displacement camp for Iraqis caught-up in the fighting in and around the city of Mosul on June 26, 2014 in Khazair, Iraq. Khazair is now home to an estimated 1,500 internally displaced persons, with the number rising daily. Tens of thousands of people have fled Iraq's second largest city of Mosul after it was overrun by ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) militants.
22. A recovering drug addict wrestles with a punching dummy to unleash pent-up anger during a psychological therapy at the Shiliping compulsory drug rehabilitation center in Longyou county, Zhejiang province, China, on June 19, 2014. Established in 2008, the center is one of the biggest in China in terms of numbers of inmates and facilities. Recovering drug addicts in the center are undergoing treatment with a strict regime in physical exercises, psychological therapies and medication, according to local media.
23. Enthusiasts, dressed in World war II costumes, sing songs near the village of Rakovichi, southeast of Minsk, on June 21, 2014. Belarus will mark the 70th anniversary of the country's liberation from Nazi Germany on July 3.
24. A patient sits outside a hospital building in Changsha, Hunan province, China, on June 25, 2014. Firefighters saved the patient who broke a window on the eighth floor and attempted suicide. The patient was sent to the hospital after a car accident and was confirmed having mental aberrations.
25. Tourists visit the Bell caves located at the Beit Guvrin-Maresha National Park in central Israel, on June 24 2014. The UNESCO World Heritage Committee declared the caves of Beit Guvrin-Maresha to be a World Heritage Site. A network of some hundreds of man-made caves, excavated near the ancient towns of Maresha and Beit-Guvrin, that bear witness to a succession of historical periods of excavation and usage stretching over 2,000 years, from the Iron Age to the Crusades, as well as a great variety of subterranean construction methods, according to the committee.
26. In this photo taken by a passerby with a mobile phone, a car drives past wreckage from a Learjet that crashed following a collision with a Bundeswehr Eurofighter on June 23, 2014 near Elpe, Germany. According to initial reports the Eurofighter managed to return to its base but the Learjet crashed and burned and its two occupants were missing and feared dead.
27. Carnival goers dance to music by Krewella at the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas on June 21, 2014.
28. People gather around a bonfire and watch the 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match between Germany and Ghana on an outdoor screen, during the Sonnwendfeuer (Midsummer) Festival at Mt. Kampenwand in Bavarian Alps, Aschau, 100 km (62 miles) south of Munich, on June 21, 2014.
29. A man representing the devil leaps over babies during the festival of El Salto del Colacho (the devil's jump) on June 22, 2014 in Castrillo de Murcia, Spain. The festival, held on the first Sunday after Corpus Cristi, is a catholic rite of the devil cleansing babies of original sin.
30. An Amazonian Tatuyo tribe member, in her village in the Rio Negro (Black River) near Manaus City, Brazil, one the cities hosting 2014 World Cup matches, on June 23, 2014.
31. People watch as smoke fills the sky, after an explosion, at a shopping mall in Abuja, Nigeria, on June 25, 2014. The explosion rocked a shopping mall in Nigeria's capital and police say at least 20 people were killed and many wounded.
32. A flight attendant wearing a Brazil soccer team jersey demonstrates the emergency mask on an airplane traveling from Kunming to Hangzhou on June 23, 2014. A Chinese airline company renovated the cabin of one of its flights then dressed the flight attendants with soccer jerseys as a way to celebrate the 2014 Brazil World Cup and hoping to attract more customers, local media reported.
33. Residents prepare to make the rounds of houses to ask for candles after covering their faces with mud and donning dried Banana leaves to celebrate the Feast Day of St. John the Baptist at the village of Bibiclat, Aliaga township, Nueva Ecija province in northern Philippines, on June 24, 2014. The unique annual tradition, which dates back to the 1940s, is being observed to pay homage to Saint John the Baptist, whom they claimed saved the lives of residents of this village.
34. Flames consume a tree as Israeli firefighters battle wildfires in the Jerusalem neighborhood of Ein Kerem on June 25, 2014. Hundreds of residents were evacuated by the emergency services.
35. Bonhams' Contemporary Art Specialist Martina Batovic poses with an untitled stainless steel sculpture by Anish Kapoor at Bonhams auction house in London on June 27, 2014. The artwork is estimated to achieve 650,000 pounds ($1.1million) when it comes to auction as part of the "Post-War & Contemporary Art" sale on July 2, 2014.