1. A man watches as police walk through a cloud of smoke during a clash with protesters on August 13, 2014, in Ferguson, Missouri. Protests in the St. Louis suburb rocked by racial unrest since a white police officer shot an unarmed black teenager to death turned violent, with people lobbing Molotov cocktails at police who responded with smoke bombs and tear gas to disperse the crowd.
2. Students of Shaolin Tagou Martial Arts School are suspended in mid-air as they practice in a dress rehearsal for a stunt performance which is part of the opening ceremony of the 2014 Nanjing Youth Olympic Games, at a stadium in Nanjing, Jiangsu province, China, on August 14, 2014. A total of 520 students took part in the performance named "Building the dream", which will be performed during the opening ceremony of the Youth Olympic Games on August 16.
3. A 1944 photo of Actress Lauren Bacall. Bacall passed away at home in New York City on August 12, 2014, at the age of 89.
4. Runners start the 44th annual City2Surf fun run down Sydney's William Street on August 10, 2014. Around 80,000 people participated in the run, which covers a distance of 14km (8.7 miles) from the city to Bondi Beach.
5. Bullfighter's banderillero Vicente Cabanes is tossed by a Guardiola Fantoni ranch fighting bull during a bullfight at Las Ventas bullring, in Madrid, Spain, on August 10, 2014.
6. Vessels anchor in the sea as storm clouds gather over the east coast of Singapore on August 15, 2014.
7. Port St. Lucie police officers display a captured 12-foot Burmese Python in this handout photo provided on August 11, 2014. Wildlife investigators may have solved a classic Florida whodunit with the capture of the snake in a neighborhood where cats have been disappearing.
8. People swim in the waters of the Black Sea near Cape Fiolent in Sevastopol in Crimea on August 8, 2014.
9. A protester throws back a smoke bomb while clashing with police in Ferguson, Missouri, on August 13, 2014. Police in Ferguson fired several rounds of tear gas to disperse protesters late on Wednesday, on the fourth night of demonstrations over the fatal shooting last weekend of an unarmed black teenager Michael Brown, 18, by a police officer on Saturday.
10. Wild horses roam on South Ocean Beach at Assateague Island National Seashore near Berlin, Maryland, on August 13, 2014.
11. A Ukrainian government soldier from battalion "Donbass" walks along a street near their positions as a cat follows him in the village of Mariinka near Donetsk, eastern Ukraine, on August 11, 2014. The Red Cross will lead an international humanitarian aid operation into Ukraine's conflict-stricken province of Luhansk with assistance from Russia, the European Union and the United States, Ukraine said Monday.
12. A tightrope walker performs between two spheres of the Atomium monument in Brussels on August 11, 2014. The 102-meter-tall (335-feet-tall) structure and its nine spheres, which was designed for Expo 58, is in the shape of a unit cell of an iron crystal, magnified about 165 billion times.
13. Lava from the Stromboli volcano flows into the sea, on August 9, 2014. Stromboli, one of Europe's most active volcano, is part of the seven-island Eolian Archipelago just off Sicily in southern Italy.
14. The moon rises in the sky as seen through the Four Towers or C.T.B.A. (Cuatro Torres Business Area), one of the main symbols of Madrid, Spain, on August 11, 2014.
15. A Sadhu, or Hindu holy man, climbs into his stilt-raised hut on the flooded banks of the River Ganges in Allahabad, India, on August 9, 2014.
16. A girl from the minority Yazidi sect, fleeing the violence in the Iraqi town of Sinjar, rests at the Iraqi-Syrian border crossing in Fishkhabour, Dohuk province, on August 13, 2014.
17. People watch a daytime color-smoke explosive show over the Huangpu River at the Bund, in Shanghai, on August 8, 2014. The firework show is designed by Cai Guoqiang, to mark the opening of his exhibition "The Ninth Wave".
18. A passenger plane comes into land over a field containing horses at Heathrow Airport on August 11, 2014 in London, England. Heathrow is the busiest airport in the United Kingdom and the third busiest in the world. The airport's operator BAA wants to build a third runway to cope with increased demand.
19. A lone house is seen at the construction site of an urban transformation project in Fikirtepe, an Istanbul neighborhood in the Asian part of the city, on August 14, 2014. The house, known as "Lone house", belongs to a family who had refused to allow its demolition, bringing the project to a standstill for months. The owner of the house finally reached an agreement with the construction firm behind the project, paving the way for the building's demolition, local media reported.
20. A girl sits alone in a cinema in the West Point favela on August 15, 2014 in Monrovia, Liberia. The owner said that few people have come since the Ebola outbreak began. Poor sanitation and close living quarters have contributed to the spread of the Ebola virus, which is transmitted through bodily fluids. The epidemic has killed more than 1,000 people in four West African countries.
21. Xavier Simeon, of Belgium, crashes during Indianapolis Moto 2 motorcycle race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis, on August 10, 2014.
22. The sun sets as a couple lay in the park waiting for the rise of the perigee moon, also known as a supermoon, to appear in Madrid, on August 10, 2014.
23. A worker throws water on a fire that started in the ships hull while it was being broken down for scrap in the township renamed by residents as "Yolanda Village" on August 15, 2014 in Tacloban, Leyte, Philippines. Residents of Tacloban city and the surrounding areas continue to focus on rebuilding their lives nine months after Typhoon Haiyan struck the coast on November 8, 2013, leaving more than 6,000 dead and many more homeless.
24. Army 1st Lt. Matthew Greene, left, reaches out for his mother, retired Col. Susan Myers, as she places a rose on the casket of her husband, Army Maj. Gen. Harold Greene during a burial service at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia, on August 14, 2014. Greene was killed when a gunman dressed as an Afghan soldier turned on ISAF troops, wounding about 15 including a German general and two Afghan generals. He is the highest-ranking U.S. military officer to be killed in America's post-9/11 wars.
25. A man raise his hands in the air as he stands in the middle of the 20-lane highway leading to Myanmar's Parliament during the 47th ASEAN Foreign Ministers' Meeting in Naypyidaw, on August 9, 2014.
26. Participants take part in the 2014 World Pipe Band Championships grade one qualifiers at Glasgow Green on August 15, 2014 in Glasgow, Scotland. The annual World Pipe Band Championships has returned to Glasgow this weekend, with a program that will have 300 performances from 223 pipe bands competing for the title.
27. Australia's Javier Pelkonen, center of pile, is mobbed by teammates after hitting a home run during the fourth inning of a baseball game against the Czech Republic at the Little League World Series, on August 16, 2014, in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, Australia won 10-1.
28. A boy who underwent circumcision rests inside a house after undergoing the rite of passage ritual currently taking place in Kenya's western region of Bungoma on August 8, 2014. The Bukusu tribe from Western Kenya has stuck to their long-standing and strong tradition in the rites of passage to adulthood, through the circumcision ritual where young boys face the circumcisor's knife without flinching. According to the Bungoma County's Department of Culture, this year alone close to 9,000 adolescent boys are expected to undergo their initiation into manhood.
29. Two young girls walk along the edge of a river pool next to a mill building, in Sitio das Fontes, near Estombar, southern Portugal, on August 15, 2014.
30. A volunteer holds a newborn rescue puppy on August 12, 2014, in suburban Beijing, China. Animal activists intercepted a truck that was transporting hundreds of dogs to be slaughtered and sold for meat. With the help of activists and groups, including Humane Society International, the dogs are now receiving post-rescue care.
31. A Tenggerese worshiper stands at Mount Bromo's "Sea of Sand" during the Yadnya Kasada Festival on August 12, 2014 in Probolinggo, East Java, Indonesia. The festival is the main festival of the Tenggerese people and lasts about a month. On the fourteenth day, the Tenggerese make the journey to Mount Bromo to make offerings of rice, fruits, vegetables, flowers and livestock to the mountain gods by throwing them into the volcano's caldera.
32. Visitors run away as waves caused by a tidal bore surge past a barrier on the banks of Qiantang River, in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, on August 13, 2014.
33. Flowers lie on the late Robin Williams' star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles, California, on August 12, 2014. Comedians, politicians and generations of fans collectively mourned on the death of Robin Williams, the actor famous for his frenetic and freewheeling comedy whose apparent suicide at age 63 prompted an outpouring of tributes.
34. A South Sudanese model presents a creation by a South Sudanese designer, during the Festival of Fashion and Arts for Peace in Juba on August 9, 2014.
35. Aisha the dog follows her owner as he jumps into a lake at sunset in Bucharest, Romania, on August 12, 2014.