1. A fiery Kyrgyz stuntman performs during the first World Nomad Games in the Kyrchin (Semenovskoe) gorge, some 300 km from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, on September 10, 2014. Teams from Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Mongolia and Tajikistan take part in the games.
2. Oliver Struempfl of Germany competes to set a new world record in carrying one liter beer mugs over a distance of 40 m (131 ft 3 in) in Abensberg on September 7, 2014. Struempfl carried 27 mugs over 40 meters to set the new record.
3. A calf stands in a meadow in Echerschwang, Germany, on September 8, 2014.
4. An environmental activist confronts a riot policeman securing a construction site in the Sivens forest, as clearing started in preparation of the Sivens dam construction, near Gaillac, in the Tarn region of France, on September 9, 2014. Although the construction of the dam would help supply water to nearby farms, it would remove a 13 hectare reservoir of biodiversity. Proponents of the dam deem it necessary to secure water supplies for farmers. Opponents are moved by the disappearance of a wetland sheltering 94 protected species.
5. An aurora is captured in this photo taken from the International Space Station and posted by European Space Agency astronaut Alexander Gerst to social media on August 29, 2014.
6. A child's hand reaches through a gap in a wall damaged during heavy fighting in Alovaisk, Ukraine, on September 10, 2014. Alovaisk, which is about an hour outside of the separatist held city of Donetsk, saw sustained shelling in August and is still the site of fighting between Ukrainian troops and the Russian backed separatists.
7. The moon rises behind the skyline of lower Manhattan as the "Tribute in Light" is illuminated next to One World Trade Center, during events marking the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center, seen from Jersey City, New Jersey, on September 11, 2014.
8. Chinese women ride a bicycle together on a street in Beijing on September 10, 2014.
9. A resident tries to knock the heavy snow off trees to save them during a summer snow storm in Calgary, Alberta, on September 10, 2014. Roads were blocked with fallen trees, over 30,000 people were without power and the city opened its emergency operation center, according to local media reports.
10. A Parks Canada image shows one of two ships from the lost Franklin expedition in this image released on September 9, 2014. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced that a Parks Canada remotely operated underwater vehicle confirmed the find of one of two ships from Sir John Franklin's doomed Arctic expedition, lost in the 1840s while searching for the Northwest Passage.
11. Ha Long Bay is seen from a seaplane on a flight from Hanoi to Ha Long, Vietnam, on September 8, 2014.
12. Artists rest after having their bodies painted in the likeness of tigers to perform the annual "Pulikali" or Tiger Dance in Thrissur, in the southern Indian state of Kerala, on September 10, 2014.
13. Iraqi soldiers look at bodies of ISIS militants who died following U.S. air strikes on the outskirt of Haditha on September 9, 2014.
14. A truck creates a wake as its driver tries to navigate a severely flooded street as heavy rains pour down on September 8, 2014, in Phoenix, Arizona. Storms that flooded several Phoenix-area freeways and numerous local streets during the Monday morning commute set an all-time record for rainfall in Phoenix in a single day.
15. A man holds himself upside down as he exercises on bars at a park in Beijing on September 10, 2014.
16. Festival-goers throw their shirts in the air after performer Major Lazer asked them, at Bestival, held at Robin Hill Adventure Park, Isle of Wight, England, on September 7, 2014.
17. A couple sits on a bluff overlooking the Missouri River as the full moon rises in the distance on September 8, 2014, in Kansas City, Missouri.
18. Riot policemen prepare to clash with demonstrators during a protest marking the 1973 military coup in Santiago, Chile, on September 7, 2014. The anniversary of the coup d'etat that ushered in a 17-year dictatorship under General Augusto Pinochet was marked on September 11.
19. Three pigs sit trapped in a partially submerged pig pen after heavy rainfall hit Youyang county of Chongqing municipality, China, on September 11, 2014.
20. The Meadow Fire burns in Yosemite National Park, California, on September 8, 2014. The fire, which flared out of control on Sunday afternoon, stranded 85 hikers on top of Half Dome, the park's signature rock formation, requiring them to be flown out by helicopter, Yosemite spokeswoman Ashley Mayer said.
21. A man stands at South Tower memorial during memorial observances on the 13th anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks on the World Trade Center in New York, on September 11, 2014.
22. People wave "estelada" flags, that symbolize Catalonia's independence, during a demonstration calling for the independence of Catalonia in Barcelona, Spain, on September 11, 2014. A week before Scotland votes on whether to break away from the United Kingdom, separatists in northeastern Spain were trying to convince hundreds of thousands to protest across Catalonia to demand a secession sentiment vote that the central government in Madrid insists would be illegal.
23. A wounded Syrian man walks in a hospital room he shares with other Syrians at Ziv Medical center in Safed, northern Israel, on September 10, 2014.
24. A resident works to extinguish a fire at a site hit by what activists claim were at least five air strikes carried out by forces of Syria's President Bashar al-Assad in Douma, eastern al-Ghouta, near Damascus, Syria, on September 11, 2014.
25. Israeli children hold toy guns as they pretend to play war games next to newly-built cement barrier walls around a kindergarten in the center of Kibbutz Nahal Oz, located near the border with Gaza Strip, on September 8, 2014. Since the ceasefire between Israel and Hamas militants, following fifty days of fighting, most Israeli residents living near the border with the Palestinian enclave returned to their homes with the army on high alert and new security measures to protect them.
26. An activist from Ukrainian womens' rights group Femen participates in a protest at the Kiev Pechersk Lavra monastery in Kiev, on September 11, 2014. The group was protesting against the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate, which supports Russian aggression in Ukraine, Femen activists said.
27. Local residents with their animals wade through floodwaters as they move to safety following heavy rains in Jafar Kot near Wazirabad, Pakistan, on September 7, 2014.
28. A visitor stands on the art installation "Big Bambu: 5,000 Arms to Hold You" at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem on September 9, 2014. The installation by artists Doug and Mike Starn is made of 10,000 bamboo stalks and covers an area of more than 700 sq. meters.
29. A 12-year-old boy sits outside a window of his 11th-floor apartment as his relatives try to ask him to come back back inside, in Yibin, Sichuan province, China, on September 8, 2014. The boy was afraid of being punished by his mother for not finishing his homework on time. After a two-hour standoff, he was persuaded by police and family members to come inside.
30. A U.S. Border Patrol agent tries to tackle an undocumented immigrant in dense underbrush on September 9, 2014 near Falfurrias, Texas. He missed but the immigrant was later caught by a fellow agent. Thousands of migrants continue to cross illegally from Mexico into the United States, and Texas' Rio Grande Valley has more traffic than any other sector of the U.S.-Mexico border.
31. Participants climb over a wall at the "Tough Mudder" endurance event series in Arnsberg, Germany, on September 6, 2014.
32. Los Angeles County firefighters work to control a blaze atop the recently closed Colossus wooden roller coaster at Southern California's Six Flags Magic Mountain park in Valencia, California, on September 8, 2014. The fire caused part of the famous wooden roller coaster to collapse but no injuries were reported.
33. Forward Yamaha MotoGP rider Alex De Angelis of Italy crashes during the second practice session of the Italian Grand Prix in Misano Adriatico circuit in central Italy on September 12, 2014.
34. Russian cosmonaut Oleg Artemyev looks out of the Russian Soyuz TMA-12M space capsule shortly after landing, southeast of Dzhezkazgan on September 11, 2014. Two Russian cosmonauts and a NASA astronaut returned to Earth on Wednesday, capping a nearly six-month stay aboard the International Space Station.
35. Pro-Russian rebels stand near a monument during a ceremony to honor the World War Two defenders of Donetsk from Nazi forces in Donetsk, Ukraine, on September 8, 2014.