1. A leaf of the Virginia Creeper hangs from a roof in Frankfurt (Oder), Germany on September 30, 2014.
2. Fog sits in the valley of the White Mountains as leaves change colors on September 28, 2014 in this photo taken from Milan Hill in Milan, New Hampshire,
3. Cranes return at sunset from foraging for food during the day to spend the night in the marshes near Linum, Germany, on October 19, 2014. The Linum marshes are a major stopping point for cranes and other birds migrating from Scandinavia south to Spain and northern Africa.
4. A motorcyclist cruises past a maple tree displaying its bright fall foliage in Freeport, Maine, on October 6, 2014.
5. A tractor tows a trailer full of visitors past a pumpkin patch during a visit to a fall festival at an orchard and farm market in Wexford, Pennsylvania, on October 4, 2014.
6. A girl runs with autumn leaves at a park in Donetsk, eastern Ukraine, on October 17, 2014.
7. Pumpkins and gourds are displayed on a wall at Wilson Farm in Lexington, Massachusetts, on October 6, 2014.
8. An apple hangs on a tree during a gray autumn day in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, on October 12, 2014.
9. A squirrel dozes in the sunshine in Regent's Park in London, England, on October 21, 2014.
10. The vineyards of Lavaux above Lake Leman are seen on an autumn day in Chexbres near Lausanne, Switzerland, on October 22, 2014.
11. Raindrops on a fallen autumn leaf in Vertou near Nantes, France, on October 21, 2014.
12. A woman walks her dog past a wall covered with fallen autumn leaves in Wuerzburg, Germany, on October 19, 2014.
13. A cobweb covered with mist, early in the morning of October 3, 2014 in Hede-Bazouges next to the western city of Rennes, France.
14. A pair of trumpeter swans prepare to land on open water in Potter Marsh in Anchorage, Alaska, on September 30, 2014. Hundreds of swans stop to feed at the marsh every autumn on their annual migration south.
15. Amaryah Amos, 7, from London, sits among the giant Pumpkins at the Royal Horticultural London Harvest Festival Show in London, England, on October 7, 2014. Growers from across the UK come together for the show at the RHS Horticultural Halls in Westminster to exhibit their seasonable bounty in the annual fruit and vegetable competition.
16. Bavarian mountain farmers return their cattle from summer pastures on a boat across Lake Koenigssee near Berchtesgaden, Germany, on October 6, 2014. The trip by boat is the only way to bring the cattle from their remote summer mountain-pastures back to their homestead.
17. Farmer Dan Roberts inspects his corn crop during the harvest in Minooka, Illinois, on September 24, 2014.
18. Visitors view the autumn foliage of acer trees in the Old Arboretum at Westonbirt in southwest England on October 14, 2014. The Japanese maples are some of the first species to turn red and orange at this famous tree collection, originally planted out in the nineteenth century Victorian heyday of plant hunting.
19. The silhouette of a stag at nightfall near Yvoy-le-Marron, France, on September 20, 2014.
20. A member of the "Exit Point" amateur rope-jumping group jumps from a 44-meter high (144-feet high) waterpipe bridge in the Siberian Taiga area outside Krasnoyarsk, on September 28, 2014.
21. A fallen leaf floats on the surface of the Willowemoc Creek in the Catskills region town of Roscoe, New York on October 7, 2014.
22. Brad and Sue Wyman paddle their 1930's Old Town Guide canoe along the Androscoggin River with temperatures the 70's and fall colors showing on September 27, 2014 in Dummer, New Hampshire.
23. A male red deer with antlers covered in bracken, walks through undergrowth in Richmond Park in London on October 3, 2014.
24. Large pumpkins sit in the back of vehicles during the 41st Annual Safeway World Championship Pumpkin Weigh-Off on October 13, 2014 in Half Moon Bay, California. John Hawkley of Napa, California won the contest and broke a state record with his gigantic pumpkin weighing in at 2,058 pounds. Hawkley took home a cash prize of $12,510, or $6.00 a pound.
25. A dusting of snow appears on the White Mountains Presidential Range as leaves change colors, seen from Jefferson, New Hampshire, on October 10, 2014.
26. Bales of hay covered with snow on a field on the bank of the Belyo Lake in the Khakassia region of Siberia, on October 18, 2014.
27. Autumn leaves, covered in snow, near Bodenmais, Germany, on October 22, 2014.